If I’m not all dressed up to the nines, you can bet that I’m wearing some kind of funny graphic t-shirt. We can’t be ultra fancy every single day; I know that you ladies know that! It seems to be that most of these t-shirts are related to my favorite TV shows or movies…but not from 2018…instead they are mostly from whatever I loved in the 90s. I was a 90s kid, watching Saved by the Bell teenage dramas to Nick Toons like Hey Arnold. We were the generation that grew up with the first video game systems like Atari and Nintendo.
I think a lot of people around my age start to be wistful for the things that we remember from our childhood. At this point in my life, I can honestly say, “I remember 20 years ago when…” It’s both scary and incredible, because my childhood seems so far removed from what kids experience today, especially with the influx of technology. People my age (in their 20s and 30s) definitely drive a lot of the spending in our country and spend a lot of money on nostalgia from our childhoods, whether it’s graphic t-shirts, sneakers, stuffed animals, or other memorabilia (I know I do!).
I’m not ashamed that I have many nerdy and awesome t-shirts. Here are some of my own personal favorites, and some more fantastically hilarious graphic tees that you can find at stores and online. 🙂
The best years of Saturday Night Live, to me, were during the 1990’s. Some of these shirts are based on my favorite skits.
- Chris Farley was a fricking boss in the “van down by the river” skit. (Amazon.com)
- Who doesn’t love Wayne’s World, Wayne and Garth! (Amazon.com )
- We had a “Walken in a Winter Wonderland” party and I bought this “Gotta Have More Cowbell” shirt for it. (Amazon.com)
Most Loved Movies for 90s Kids
Okay, so I’m not labeling this category as 90s movies, because they’re not all from the 90s. BUT, I do remember watching many of these over, and over, and over again as a 90s kid.
- Toy Story is definitely one of the all-time great Pixar movies. I love the simplicity of this Pizza planet T-shirt. (Kohls.com)
- My favorite movie as a kid was “The Lion King.” We even did a musical of it when I was in 2nd grade! Timon and Pumbaa were my faves! (Target.com)
- Who didn’t love the movie, “The Sandlot?” Did you hear the funny story about the fan who was wearing this shirt, but didn’t recognize the cast members? (Kohls.com)
- Star Wars has a paternity surprise more exciting than Maury. More shirts these days have been showing Vader some love. It’s not a 90s movie, but I loved watching the original trilogy non-stop as a kid. (Bustedtees.com)
- My favorite 90s movie of all time was Jurassic Park. The small print reads: Jurassic State Park: Bring the Grandkids. (Bustedtees.com)
- Jeff Goldblum was the man in Jurassic Park. (Bustedtees.com)
Best 90s TV Shows
- I love this shirt. Cookie Monster is my spirit animal! (TeeBubbles.com)
- I’m all about some good old-fashioned Nick Toons. I have a shirt very similar to this one! (Kohls.com)
- One of my all-time favorites was Ninja Turtles. Not everyone believes that I’m in my 30s, so this t-shirt says it for me! (Bustedtees.com)
- As a Game of Thrones and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, I really appreciated the humor in this T-shirt. (Uncanny.com)
- LOL…Woodfellas! Do you recognize Stick Stickly, Plank, and Log? This made me chuckle. (Bustedtees.com)
- I also really love this Count t-shirt. It’s just so funny! (Bustedtees.com)
Old School Video Games
- I shudder to say this, but I didn’t actually play the original Mario Kart. I was like 26 when I first played it for N64. Who doesn’t get “road rage” when they play?? (Bustedtees.com)
- If you have played Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, you know that this is the “Song of Storms.” This is my favorite video game, hands down. (Bustedtees.com)
- Another funny Super Mario shirt. (Kohls.com)
Amazing 90s Shoes
- My favorite pair of sneakers that I own come from the Vans Nintendo collection, which you can still buy on Amazon.com. They are featured at the beginning of the blog post. Both the Zelda (left) and Mario (center) say “Game Over” on the soles, which makes them that much cooler! (Amazon.com)
- Did anyone see these Dr. Martens boots? A-maz-ing! I like the Raph ones the best. (Amazon.com)
I hope that you found a funny new graphic t-shirt or shoes today that reminds you of your childhood! What’s your favorite 90s movie, TV show, or video game? Is there another 90s favorite that I missed in my blog post?