If I’m not all dressed up to the nines, you can bet that I’m wearing some kind of funny graphic t-shirt. We can’t be ultra fancy every single day; I know that you ladies know that! It seems to be that most of these t-shirts are related to my favorite TV shows or movies…but not from 2017…instead they are mostly from whatever I loved in the 90s. I was a 90s kid, watching Saved by the Bell teenage dramas to Nick Toons like Hey Arnold. We were the generation that grew up with the first video game systems like Atari and Nintendo.
I think a lot of people around my age start to be wistful for the things that we remember from our childhood. At this point in my life, I can honestly say, “I remember 20 years ago when…” It’s both scary and incredible, because my childhood seems so far removed from what kids experience today, especially with the influx of technology. People my age (in their 20s and 30s) definitely drive a lot of the spending in our country and spend a lot of money on nostalgia from our childhoods, whether it’s graphic t-shirts, sneakers, stuffed animals, or other memorabilia (I know I do!).
I’m not ashamed that I have many nerdy and awesome t-shirts. Here are some of my own personal favorites, and some more fantastically hilarious graphic tees that you can find at stores and online. 🙂
The best years of Saturday Night Live, to me, were during the 1990’s. Some of these shirts are based on my favorite skits.
- Chris Farley was a fricking boss in the “van down by the river” skit. (Amazon.com)
- Alec Baldwin has had one of the most successful careers as host of Saturday Night Live, and one of my personal favorite skits is the “Schweddy Balls” skit. (Amazon.com )
- We had a “Walken in a Winter Wonderland” party and I bought this “Gotta Have More Cowbell” shirt for it. (Amazon.com)
Most Loved Movies for 90s Kids
Okay, so I’m not labeling this category as 90s movies, because they’re not all from the 90s. BUT, I do remember watching many of these over, and over, and over again as a 90s kid.
- I don’t care whether the next shirts are guys’ or girls’ shirts, because they are equally hilarious and I would wear them all! First up is the Gaston shirt (Beauty and the Beast). The caption on the shirt reads: I’ve got biceps to spare. How great is that? (Kohls.com)
- Everyone loves the movie “The Sandlot.” I was just talking to a friend about her Halloween costume as Wendy Peffercorn, the lifeguard who “resuscitates” Squints. (Target.com)
- This T-shirt is perfect for me, because the Nightmare Before Christmas was the beginning of my obsession with Tim Burton movies. (Bustedtees.com)
- Star Wars has a paternity surprise more exciting than Maury. More shirts these days have been showing Vader some love. It’s not a 90s movie, but I loved watching the original trilogy non-stop as a kid. (Bustedtees.com)
- My favorite 90s movie of all time was Jurassic Park. The small print reads: Jurassic State Park: Bring the Grandkids. (Bustedtees.com)
- Jeff Goldblum was the man in Jurassic Park. (Bustedtees.com)
Best 90s TV Shows
- I love this shirt. Cookie Monster is my spirit animal! (Target.com)
- The old guys from the Muppets were the best. I have no idea what their names are unfortunately, but I do remember that “Marley and Marley” song from A Muppets Christmas Carol. (Target.com)
- Beaker and Einstein and the hilarious caption, “Because Science.” I bought this t-shirt for my boyfriend at Kohl’s the other day. (Kohls.com)
- As a Game of Thrones and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, I really appreciated the humor in this T-shirt. (Uncanny.com)
- I need this shirt! I loved Rugrats so much. A baby’s got to do what a baby’s got to do! (Target.com)
- This T-shirt has a bunch of hashtags under the photo of Gerald and Arnold from Hey Arnold! #Heyarnold #Stoopkids #Bros #Footballhead #Chillin #Arnold #Gerald #90skid #Citykids #Buds. (Target.com)
Old School Video Games
- I shudder to say this, but I didn’t actually play the original Mario Kart. I was like 26 when I first played it for N64. Who doesn’t get “road rage” when they play?? (Bustedtees.com)
- If you have played Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, you know that this is the “Song of Storms.” This is my favorite video game, hands down. (Bustedtees.com)
- Another funny Super Mario shirt. (Kohls.com)
Amazing 90s Shoes
- My favorite pair of sneakers that I own come from the Vans Nintendo collection, which you can still buy on Amazon.com. They are featured at the beginning of the blog post. Both the Zelda (left) and Mario (center) say “Game Over” on the soles, which makes them that much cooler! (Amazon.com)
- Did anyone see these Dr. Martens boots? A-maz-ing! I like the Raph ones the best. (Amazon.com)
I hope that you found a funny new graphic t-shirt or shoes today that reminds you of your childhood! What’s your favorite 90s movie, TV show, or video game? Is there another 90s favorite that I missed in my blog post?